Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

And what a wonderful day it was, in all the little ways that truly matter. Brook and Ava woke up at their usual time (as soon as the sun started rising) and I stayed in bed. They watched TV in the family room, as quiet as little mice while I "slept." Brook made breakfast for herself and Ava (originally they were going to make toast with peanut butter, but when they couldn't find the bread they aborted that mission and settled for cold cereal). I lay in bed enjoying their whispering voices and quiet giggles.

In the afternoon Ava gave me a special birthday hairdo. She brushed my hair for a considerable amount of time and then gave me two "hurricanes," (similar to braids but very messy and tangly and a lot of pulling is involved when putting them in).

At the end of the day they planned a surprise party for me, all by themselves. They put my favorite music on, made a banner and blew party blowers while singing happy birthday, complete with "cha cha cha's."

I really do feel very lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a good one...

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday.. enjoying reading your blog.. You have an amazing business!


Thanks for Looking!